Options

2012 310 EC

JoMamaJoMama Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
Purchased a used 2012 Rinker 310 EC recently. It's been an electrical challenge pretty much since day one. Manuals from previous owner are voluminous, yet generic! Nothing 310 EC specific, I'll contact Rinker this week. In the meantime, lots of threads on shore power, but I don't see any indicators of where the shore power breaker would be? Worked fine for a few weekends, suddenly stopped dockside at the house after working all weekend away. Power at outlet on dock is good, cord is good showing power throughout. Then plugged in bot, Nothing. Also hooked it to AC power inlet, nothing there either. I suspect a blown fuse or breaker, but have searched high, very low and painfully in between-can not find either. One location I can not get to, but doubting it is there as there is no room for any human to get there. Any quick ideas gratefully appreciated! Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my 260EC there is a main trip breaker on the deck (starboard) beside my aft lounger.  It is in a small white flip up housing.

After that power goes to the breaker right beside the galley.  There a shore power selection switch (genset, port or starboard shore power selection and off) - need to select the right side, then there's a switch to energize the breaker board with 110V.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    RinkerYan-unless I am missing something, the breaker switch you are referencing is what I'm looking for, but not there that I can see, pic attached. Mark, don't have what you are describing, but thanks for the response.
  • Options
    MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Do you have the "house" switch on? Located starboard just as you enter the boat. Also does the volt meter on your breaker panel read anything?
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Have you had kids on board lately? There should be a breaker on off out in the salon near one off the seats in back. It will have a flip outlet cover. Flip the two switch back on. These are not the switches in your galley. When my son was much younger he love to mess with me on those darn switches. ...

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have port and starboard AC inlets? If you have that option there is a switch for that too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Life's Good is saying is what I'm also saying. There should be a main breaker/switch in the cockpit by the back seats somewhere. It is needed for safety, it is the main isolation for shore power.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    This forum rocks!!  THANKS ALL!  I did find them under the aft salon bench - in the corner, port side.  two Main switches/breakers.  Hard to see and get to AFTER removing all the gear!  I'm still reaching out to Rinker to see about a comprehensive "310 EC" guide/manual, but I'm sure I'l be back with more newbie questions and get the real answers!