Options

Let's here about everyone's weekend boating!

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mine was going up the St. Johns to Hontoon Island- the people there just could not be any nicer....weather was great and I think everyone in Fl. must have gone to the coast as there was no one on the river......there were two other boats the first night and 4 the next, weather was great!

Comments

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Brookville lake in Indiana for some fishing, tubing and usual shenanigans.  :D

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a slow cruise down the Allegheny River (due to fast current and debris) to the Ohio River, then a nice cruise on the Monongahela River past Sandcastle Water Park and back. On Monday I took another slow cruise down the Allegheny to the Ohio and anchored out for a few hours enjoying the beautiful weather in Pittsburgh. Spent two nights on the boat as well. I am liking the new cruiser.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    jasonjason Member Posts: 6
    I picked up my son's best friend, brother & sister and took them from our marina on the south shore of kempenfelt bay (Lake Simcoe), to the Barrie city marina at the west end of kempenfelt bay for ice cream. Then we came back. Round trip was less than 2 miles, but the smiles were huge.
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

Well my weekend was a little bit of bad and a whole lot of good.

The bad.

On Friday Night about 2 am I decided to put up the last few pieces of eisenglass. Dropped the last piece from the port side into the lake. Thought it would float. It doesn't. Used my fishing pole to try and snag it but lost my favorite lure. Ouch!!

On Saturday Night, setting up the grill mounted on a pole on the swim platform and dropped the propane cylinder adaptor in the lake. Filets suck cooked in the microwave.

On Sunday morning, engine alarm in Port Engine. We were about a 45 minute run from the dock. Needed Drive Oil from what I could tell. Thought I bought some but could not find. Limped back on one engine. Took about 3.5 hours. Borrowed Drive Oil and alarm quit. Then the Admiral found my Drive Oil right where I looked 10 times.

Sunday Night borrowed a propane cylinder adaptor, set the grill up and there was a broken piece inside. The long metal inside pieces of the grill were no longer attached. Used it anyway.

The Good.

When I bought the boat, the Port engine had about 3.5 hours more on it then the Starboard. After my one engine run, the hours were 274.4 and 274.3. There is good in everything!!

Still had a great time. The weather was beautiful and the lake was stunning!!

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

Good story Ham!  I've got one to add to yours (but gonna make my own topic, cause there is kudos to go with it!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Well Ham, your story really tells the tale of a real boat owner- have all that go wrong but appreciate what you have and the chance to get out there and explore when most folks don't venture to far from the front porch. I'm trying to teach this to my wife who is a very new boater and so far, we have been very lucky not really having the first issue on the water in say 5 years of owning a boat other than fun. That's not very realistic and I'm hoping to have enough flawless days on the water under "her belt" before the normal stuff starts to happen!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Times - for us this Memorial Day! Last year we were asking Mother Nature for some higher water levels. Well, she heard us. This year we had the deepest snows,longest winter and most spring rain in years.Locks on the canal system have been closed, many marinas have flooded docks and buildings and there is more cr*p in the lakes and rivers to avoid! At least we should have decent water levels this summer! . P.S. Here are some pics of my Rinker dealer's docks. I thought one boat owner was smart to rig-up some blocks to stop his boat from washing up onto the dock - which where he is, is a cement dock with a steel edge - ouch! MT
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW thats up there. All that rain this past week has really pushed the limits for you guys it looks like.

The scary thing is that historically July is the "peak" water level, so we still have a ways to go! I'm sure the guys in Cali see your pics and are jealous.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options

wow, that's a lot of water...we are high here in central Florida and starting into hurricane season....