Options

Kudos to Rhode River Marina!

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Ok, here's the story....I had a four day weekend and planned on being on the hook for a good portion of it.  Friday I decided to get some fuel before the family came down.  Pulled out of the slip (in reverse) and then turned, putting both in forward.  Hmmm...something wasn't right.  There was a lot of wind, but I didn't feel I had control of the boat.  Well, to cut the story a bit, stbd side was stuck in reverse.  Got her back in the slip.

Now, it was 5pm on Friday before Mem day weekend.  I called Brian on his cell phone, the owner of Rhode River Marina.  His son, Michael, took a quick look at my boat and said he'd need to pull it to pull the drive cause the issue was back there.  He also said, "I know how to run the lift at the shop, if you can get your boat there, I'll get it fixed tonight".

7pm, I am pulling into their marina and I see both father and son, lowering the lift sling in the water waving me in.  He took my boat right up on shore & began working.  Found the issue to be the shift cable had been rubbing on the coupler.  Brian came back a bit later from the office and said, we originally replaced those two years ago when we serviced your boat.  We did not run them correctly and we'll take care of it.  He didn't have to do that, but he stood by his work and knew it was the right thing to do. 

The next two hours, I stood there and handed a tool once in a while to the father/son team.  By 9pm, I got in the boat, they lowered me in the water and got to see the very last bit of sunlight as I cruised back to my marina!

Kudos to Brian and his son Michael!  Talk about a class act!!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Great story. Nice to see someone who stands by his work...............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    That's really above and beyond in so many ways! Glad you found an outfit like that and I hope their honesty and hard work pays off for them with a long lasting and profitable bussiness. 
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Well, they have 3 generations working there & I believe they've owned the place for over 30 years now (they live on the property as well).  They must be doing something right!  You can tell deep down that their number one goal is to do what is right.

RY, it may be a little ride for you, but if you are ever in need, it's a ride well worth it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Impressive.  I wish i could find a marine mechanic like that in CT.
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TheSaltTheSalt Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Pretty awesome service if you ask me.  I am always happy to pay for repairs when things go wrong, its just that much better when things go right also.
    ~ 1998 266 Fiesta Vee 7.4 B3 ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~