Options

radar arch bimini track '01 310

summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
All, 

I received my new canvas from TJ, and when I attempted to install it, I can't get the rear bimini connector to stay in the track?  it starts to fall out around the bends at the top outside of the arch?  I had no problem with the front connector, so I think I am doing it correctly.  Are there any adjustments that I am not making?  I noticed an "elastic cord" which follows all the way across the connector piece.   There isn't anything that I can adjust on that is there?
Assuming that there  is nothing that I can do to the canvas, any ideas where I can get a replacement track to install on the arch?  
thanks in advance for any help.
ps, the canvas from TJ is a great deal….
Craig

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the track at marine canvas places or maybe even TJ. Use a heat gun to soften to bend it.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Hmmm. That track does get a little wider when you bend it around a corner. Your sure it is the same size on front and back? Try the heat gun like diamond said. If that doesn't work then google awning track and you will find a place that sells it. Just be sure to order the right size for the welt that is used on your new canvas. Good luck

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    Great idea on the heat gun! I will try that first. I hadn't even considered using a heat gun to close it up a little. Not to mention what a royal pain a new install would be...
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let u know how it works
  • Options
    OK, back from the weekend on the water.  The heat gun worked perfect on the canvas track.  softened right up and using a rubber mallet, gently tapped/pushed the opening closed a bit. thanks again for the suggestion.  $20 amazon heat gun saved me much $$ and time!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    That's great to hear and what this forum is all about!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Glad to hear that it worked out well.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    I agree Dream.  I have learned a lot about my rinker in the last month reading through most of the threads.  great info and resources, which are helpful even for people who have been boating since 1980 as a toddler....