Options

Battery Charger Issue

trickyrickytrickyricky Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

I have an 04 270V with a progressive dynamic itelli power pd2020 battery charger.  The light is flashing like the battery is charged and the analog output power is reading zero but it is not charged.  Is there a fuse that should be replaced or is it time to replace the charger? 

2004 270 Fiesta Vee, 496 Mag

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that I am not familiar with your model but if you don't get help here try Progressive Dynamics who make IntelliPower. I have spoken a number of times with them over the years and they are a very helpful company. May I recommend that you tell the receptionist that you are a loyal customer who has a technical question.I would recommend having your model and serial number ready if that's possible. 1-269-781-4241 or www.progressivedynamics.com  They are located at 507 Industrial Avenue Marshall M.I.   Good Luck. :-) MT
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod

ok, talk about timing.  I just had my head in several chargers this weekend (2040, 2020, and another I can't remember the number).  Anyhow, yes, there is a fuse directly where the power lines come in.  There are two screws on the bottom that will allow you to remove the cover/access that will show the terminal where the power lines come in and out.  Caution, 120V could be present if you don't turn off the charger breaker (turn it off).  you will see the fuse (s) just above that area.  You can also check to make sure you have 120V (black, white, green wires is where the power is coming in, the 3 red are (or one in your case) is going out to the battery).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Thanks for the direction, I will check on it this weekend.

• Options
    Thanks Dream_Inn, it was the 30A fuse, charger working great now.

• Options
    Mercury2005Mercury2005 Member Posts: 141 ✭✭
    follow-up on battery charger. On my 06 270 when connected to shore power, the battery charger 'red' light is on, indicating power to the charger and the green is on steady, but the analog meter is on zero. Should the meter be indicating something, or is the 30 amp fuse blown?
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    The analog meter will vary depending on whether the charger is actually in charge mode or just maintenance mode.  While it is charging the analog meter will be off zero, while in maintenance mode it is usually zero. 

Green on steady I think means all the batteries are fully charged, maintenance mode.