Options

TV Mount and new table for my 342

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

So I made a TV mount out of cherry for the cockpit......what do you guys think? I'll be replacing the plastic spreader light mounts with cherry also just so everything matches.

.image

.image

Here's a picture of a table I found on ebay for $150.

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them both!!! Looks great and you did an awesome job! I might "borrow" your TV mount. I was looking for a way to mount a TV on the arch for football boatgating and that look better than having the bracket mounted to side of the arch. What kind of bracket did you use?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabulous job! There sure are a lot of talented guys on this forum! WOW! MT
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Awesome job. I love the table.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

No cable at my slip.....just over the air TV.

• Options

New switches and clock....gonna put the switches right above the cockpit fridge....will post pics when I've installed them.

.image

• Options
    Nice towel in the background!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    I was just getting ready to mention the terrible towel as well.  Go steelers!  I may be in MD now, but born/raised just outside of pittsburgh.  Additions look great as well.  My only question is, doesnt the TV hanging down get in the way?  it would seem I would routinely hit my head on it....
  • Options

Yeah yeah yeah....Maine born but have been a Steelers fan since the late 70's......every other sport is pure Boston!!

As far as hitting my head, I made some small modifications to raise it a bit. For the limited time it's been there, I have hit it.....lol Hopefully I'll get used to it. I might have to get a smaller TV though...it's a work in progress!

• Options
    Nothing wrong with being a Steelers fan! I am life long Pittsburgh native and I have taken my towel everywhere I travel. I have a picture with it atop the Eiffel Tower. It amazes me how many people recognize the towel and will start a conversation with me, even in Paris!

I was wondering about hitting your head. I was looking at it and I thought about fabricating one for above the drivers seat. It would work better in that location on my boat.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    NY320NY320 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Dan question for you, I see you have the 342. maybe i;m wrong but how do you watch that TV without getting neck pain. Maybe i'm missing something does it drop down and swivel ?. Seems you can only watch from the aft seat and not the port side seats,

If you can explain I would love this setup if it works. Thanks

• Options
    Nothing wrong with being a Steelers fan! I am life long Pittsburgh native and I have taken my towel everywhere I travel. I have a picture with it atop the Eiffel Tower. It amazes me how many people recognize the towel and will start a conversation with me, even in Paris!

I was wondering about hitting your head. I was looking at it and I thought about fabricating one for above the drivers seat. It would work better in that location on my boat.

Even up here in Maine, there are many Steeler fans.

I thought about putting it above the drivers seat but it's one of the seats I sit in to watch it...I may eventually move it on the port side...we'll sell.....as previously stated, it's a work in progress.

NY320 said:

Dan question for you, I see you have the 342. maybe i;m wrong but how do you watch that TV without getting neck pain. Maybe i'm missing something does it drop down and swivel ?. Seems you can only watch from the aft seat and not the port side seats,

If you can explain I would love this setup if it works. Thanks

Not that I watch a ton of TV but.......it faces aft, certainly can easily watch from the aft seat, it swivels enough to watch from the drivers seat when you sit sideways with a pillow between your back and the side shield. It also swivels enough to watch from the port lounge. I have not really watched much TV from either front seats yet so I can't comment on any neck pain but initial tests show that it works out pretty good. I'll give it some use this weekend and post.
  • Options

So after hitting my head at least a dozen times within two hours, the freakin TV got moved...LOL. I forgot to take pictures but I put it in place of the port spreader light and moved the light to the center....at least for now.

Here is a pic of the new clock

Here are before and after pics of the new switches which I was in the process of installing when jmoen438 stopped by to introduce himself

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job! MT
  • Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    LOL!  I know I would have done the same which is what prompted me to ask the question.  Hope the new location works out better for you.  nice install on the switches as well.
  • Options
    03rinker34203rinker342 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Do you have a link for the table
  • Options

When I bought it, they had one left. I just checked and couldn't find it on ebay so I sent them an email. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.
  • Options
    They just emailed me back....sorry, tables are all gone.
  • Options
    Yes will do.....been reading the threads on it, just keep forgetting to check it out.