Options

To RBO forum members

I have noticed that some people on the forum have not heard about the RBO forum is
no longer functioning. For those who did not know, there is a facebook site set up to
discuss the problem.

[link=https://www.facebook.com/RinkerBoatOwners?bookmark_t=page]https://www.facebook.com/RinkerBoatOwners?bookmark_t=page[/link]

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Yeah been trying to follow along with whats going on but it's hard with out a Facebook account.  Hopefully it goes back up and if not hopefully most of the users will congregate here.  Let's hope for the best!!!

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spam was killing the out dated Rinker Boat Owners (RBO)site anyway. Change is painful but hopefully someone will find a new resource (if not right here after a few tweaks) that is hopefully more up to date and can screen the unblocked crap that killed the last one. Kudos to the great guys who tried to cleanse RBO daily but the writing was on the wall. The greatest loss will be the archives and the momentum that had built within the regular contributors solving typical boat issues with hard earned experience. I would think that Rinker, or any mfg, would see the benefit from an active forum of loyal owners objectively supporting each other. The greatest issue I see on this site (aside from virtually no activity and horrible editing tools that eliminate paragraphs) is the lack of a posters ability to embed pictures in their response to clarify a point, an easy fix. Even the honest input from the occasional disillusioned boater lends credibility to their product if its not censored out and the issue is addressed. New consumer trends lean heavily on varied user reviews like those found on Amazon and others where the consumer can decide for themselves if a complaint lacks substance or is even inflicted, and even more importantly if anyone cares. We love our '04 FV270 as do most Rinker owners. It truly is one of the best buys on the market for what it does and I'd say without a doubt that the unbiased information and the feedback I found on the RBO forum was the reason we bought a Rinker. Time will tell where all the RBO team lands so stay in touch. If you love your Rinker it's a resource worth saving. Fair winds, Mike and Kelli m/v TikiHut Sarasota, Fl
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're back... So until next time, Aloha
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    yunchyunch Member Posts: 4
    doesn't it work properly?