Options

Removal of 6-disc CD Changer

HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hey guys,

The CD Changer is stuck in the unit and will not eject. Original Sony system. Also, you cannot load a single CD directly into the unit. You can flop open the face plate and try to slide it in but it will not "grab" it and load. Any suggestions on either issue?

Thanks.

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a CD? :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Buy a new single din radio and abandon the cd changer. Everything is bluetooth to an mp3 player now anyway. I had your exact boat. I bought a new unit with satellite and apple hook ups for like $120.00. It even worked with the existing remotes. I believe it was kenwood. 

Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

I have an ipod hookup and that works great but last weekend a guy on a different boat asked me to play a CD. Just brought to the surface a long dead issue. I will live with it as we don't play CD's anyway.

Thanks.

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    I agree with Explore7425, ditch the old Sony stuff and buy a good Bluetooth head unit. I just installed an Alpine UTE-52 BT in my boat and couldn't be happier. I also have the Alpine RF marine remote so I can control the songs, volume and music from anywhere inside or outside the boat. The Alpine RF remote system is also expandable to six remotes. Works great!

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio