Options

replacement fresh water pump...

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like for my water system I need to replace the pump on my 2005 270. The brand/model I currently have which I'm sure was the orgional is no longer available. Any suggestions for a replacement that will hopefully "plug" right into all the plumbing that is already there???

Comments

• Options
    I replaced with an "match" from my fav. store, west Marine. They actually were the cheapest and shipping was free from the online order. Hooked it up no issues, all the mounting holes were the same, all the hose connects were the same, one of the easiest repairs to date on the boat....except.....the hand held transom shower is leaking. I found a web site can order a replacement but the darn thing is 50 bucks. There is a pin with two o rings which is the push back and forth pin you see to turn the water off and on. You would think you could replace the o rings or that entire piece without replacing the hole handle?
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Make sure it's for 3 outlets and 10 foot rise then you'll be happy I gave around $100 for mine and it's very quiet looks just like the old pump but better quality but where I bought it is out of business now

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    You did better than me....was 160 I think and not very quiet...not bad when it is all closed up but without anything else running, you hear it....
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Mine is so freaking loud you can hear it outside the boat!  I've been really thinking about replacing it, but it is hard to do when it works.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you take the old pump out and take it to the marine supply store?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, Had a friend who had that ss pin with two O rings in the handle. It leaked all the time. He unscrewed his handle and took it to the hardware store.He put a thin ss bolt through the hole and finished the other end with an ss aircraft nut. In between at each end it had a ss washer with a rubber gasket (at both ends) . He bought a couple of lenths of bolts and the right one has no bolt end sticking past the aircraft nut. It looks oem. he bought all mof the parts at the hardware section of Home Depot for about a $2.50. He uses the knob in the storage box to turn it off. He said it doesn't leak. It might be worth a try? MT
  • Options
    hmmmm........I know I have hot and cold adjustment but I don't know that I can turn it off and on......so the idea was to put a small enough diameter bolt through it and seal it off on both ends....good idea if I can do that. It did kind of bother me looking at a new one they say when I buy a new one it will "drip" some...mine is pouring out and either replace or block it off and I want it working...I will report back! 
  • Options
    Mike- indeed the two control valves for hot and cold do turn the water off! Keep in mind since I bought the boat we have been unable to use the water so this is all new to me.....I went to Ace Hardware for $1.61 and bought a stainless steel bolt, 8-32, two rubber washers, two metal washers and a lock nut which I would think do the trick! Thanks for sharing the idea, could not see spending 50 bucks on a new one they are telling me up front is going to leak!
  • Options
    Well, got that all put together and seems to work pretty well! But, seems I have something else leaking, not major but leaking. I kind of suspected something in the head was leaking, gave it a quick look around but could not really see where there is access to the faucet......maybe a hose is loose or what ever seals are in the faucet...it's not leaking from the top side. How do you get access to that?
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Rasbury-I own a 320 and the head sink was leaking from the inlet pipe to the faucet. My water pump kept cycling on/off. All I needed to do was take the cabinet out under the sink and was able to gain access to the underside of the faucet. It only needed to be tightened. I do not know how the 270 is set up but it was an easy fix.
  • Options
    that's what I figure but with a quick look, I did not see any fastens to remove that lower cabinet...I will look at it again this evening but putting it in the water in the am.....if there was a "secret", I needed to learn it quick!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the cabinet is like mine, the screws are along the edge inside the door frame.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    yep, they were.....looks like when the fittings were put together they were to tight causing the nylon fittings to spring a leak! So, I backed them off and re snugged them and no more leaking. Went out for the night on Saturday and had no issues. Scratch this one off the list....
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Ras, that list has to be pretty short man!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
  • Options
    that's the one I purchased...works great! Only concern is telling people that use it, at 4 GPM, the water won't last long!