Options

Rock an Roll hall of fame

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Just watched the replay of the r&r hall of fame show on HBO. I thought it was a good show. I love Linda Rontsadt, Kiss, Cat Stevens, and the E-street band. I think for once in the entire history of the hall of fame they really chose rockers to be inducted. I think that the Kiss people said it best, let the fans vote for who gets inducted. And I agree with them as to why are there rappers, soul, blues, and country artistes in the ROCK AN ROLL hall of fame.

I am just one of those people who loves music, and my music of chose is rock, hens my screen name (Skynyrd). I have e-mailed the R&R hall of fame so many times that that they don't respond to me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but it has to be music.

Would like to hear others opinions about the show....

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I've attended some pretty good concerts over the years - Cream, Rolling Stones, Johnny Winter, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart/Small Faces, and  tho I didn't get to see them, Jeff Beck (amazing!) John Mayal & the Bluesbreakers, Jimi Hendrix, and others provided the soundtrack of my life back in those days. These days, my tastes have changed considerably and I prefer world music and such artists as Govi, Strunz & Farah, Jesse Cook, Willie & Lobo (seen them 3 times in Mexico), Ottmar Liebert, Johannes Linstead, Rodrigo & Gabriella (saw them in Chicago 2 years ago and going again Aug 15 - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, tickets still available) Cubanismo (saw at Iowa City Jazz Fest, Afro-Cuban jazz/fusion big band) and just to mix it up some, Acoustic Alchemy, Big Bad VooDoo Daddy (saw in Cedar Falls, Iowa - great fun!). I can do with out all the screaching vocals and on-stage histrionics and pyrotechnic BS, and I just appreciate the technical virtuosity and complex layers of sound crafted by these artists I mentioned. It ain't headbanger stuff, and they'll never be in the R&R Hof F, but if you're unfamiliar with these artists, check them out, you just might like them.