Options

Bildge pump locations on a 2003 342

Hello I was wondering in a 2003 342 if there is more than one bildge pump. I've noticed that the carpet by the stairs and under the aft cabin storage compartment is damp. Is there a forward bildge pump and if so the location of the pump would be great.

Comments

• Options
    03rinker34203rinker342 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    My wife looked in there and said she didn't see anything but carpet in there and it was a little wet. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. Is that bildge pump all tied in to the rear one or is there a seperate switch or something I need to look for
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'forward' bilge pump is in the opening further back than the carpeted area, completely remove all the bunk pads. The pump is on a float switch and also turns on with the engine bilge pump with the helm switch. Both have breakers at the helm too.

I bet the water is from the shower sump box. The float can go bad or the screen gets plugged from hair/shower scum. That sump is under the aft bunk too, port side. Also check the A/C and toilet valves/filters too for leaks. Also under the port bunk cushion.

Let us know what you find!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thank you I'm new to the cruiser world and am slowly figureing things out slowly I hope it's an easy fix
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good chance to crawl around and learn your boat. We've all been there. :D

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I plan to this week. We picked the boat up in April and it went straight to a friend of ours shop to get detailed and minor swim platform repairs and was just delivered to our boat slip last week so we are learning slowly. Big deference from our speed boat we had