Options

Dash Replacement

Mike28Mike28 Member Posts: 4
I have a 1995 280 Fiesta Vee the main dash is breaking down. Any idea on how to repair or where I could find a replacement.
My  boat is in super condition except for this dash problem. It seems that the main component is made out of a hard plastic.

Comments

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Try this..........

greatlakesskipper.com

• Options
    Mike28Mike28 Member Posts: 4
    Thank You will try
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfs Marine is another. www.wolfsmarine.com

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    johnnydeeJohnjohnnydeeJohn Member Posts: 3

I'm not that familiar with a Fiesta Vee. I have a 232 captiva that had the same problem. I hope you can find a new dash because after contacting Rinker and then Indian Marine who supposedly made the 232 dash about buying a new dash I had to fix it myself. Mine was falling apart, some of the gauges were loose and I had black plastic pieces falling out. With the help of a fellow Rinker 232 owner that contacted me through RBO who had the same problem and he fixed his. We pulled the dash and repaired the cracks and reconstructed the parts where pieces were missing. I used a 2 part epoxy for ABS to do the repairs. When that was set up I used a dremel to shape and smooth. I then coated the whole under side of the dash with many coats of ABS cement to help strengthen. It was very time consuming and labor intensive.

• Options
    jspea001jspea001 Member Posts: 2
    how well did the vinyl covering come off? what did you use to glue it back?
  • Options
    hunterdalehunterdale Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Work in the sun, the heat will help the vinyl peel off easier.  I am the fellow RBOer that helped Johnniedee a couple years ago.

• Options

I used 3M spray adhesive to put it back on after repairing the dash assembly.

• Options
    jspea001jspea001 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Hunterdale I just got my 1995 232 out of the shop and will start my repairs. Where do you find the 2 part ABS epoxy?
  • Options

Local auto repair shop.  It is used for repairing all the plastic parts on cars theses days.  It comes as a 2 tube kit, you will need to buy the special caulk gun.  There is a mixing head on the caulk tubes.  You can also just buy ABS glue available in most plumbing supply houses.  Same stuff for gluing together ABS, black, drain pipe and fittings. Get a quart and brush on several "layers" only on the underside of the dash.  You want the vinyl to fit back on when finished.