x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Electrical Discussions

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    SpeedracerSpeedracer Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Yes I have one in that is mounted in the cockpit closet.  I have a 272 Captiva and performance is fair but I have a ground whine that comes from the subwoofer that I haven't been able to solve.  Might be battery related as I have rewired the grounds.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to look at my manual, not sure what model mine has. I kind of assumed it only powered the sub though, and the HU took care of the speakers.

I dont even know where the amp is located in my 276, as its definitely not anywhere I've stuck my head.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    bmaxbmax Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    My 310 has I believe the 460 model, looked last year and thats what I remember. It was working fine until last Sunday when I put the boat in and now the whole system is dead, heading to the boat tomorrow and will look for an inline fuse. I have had some periodic problems with the remotes but the amp and sound were always fine for my ears.

bmax
  • Options

bmax, a number of MB Quarts have spade fuses on the back of the amp. MT

• Options
    bmaxbmax Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
     thanks MT I'll look for that.
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    RinkerYan, if your system is wired properly, the fade control will fade from full cockpit only, midway both cockpit and salon on full and then salon only. I had to rewire mine as it wasn't done properly from the factory. MT, I can't tell what make our amp is, it's tucked in on a shelf in the panel cupboard with very little room around it. The MB Quarz are suppose yo be very good.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 2 channel Clarion and I was looking at upgrading it to the 4 channel MBQuart. Now I am going to second guess going to MBQuart.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misread the OP. I thought that the amp wasn't performing well. MT was asking HOW it was performing. I am still interested in their amps. I saw the 5 channel one on Amazon for under $200, which would be great for my application. I would like to have all 4 speakers in the cockpit on their own channel and I would like to add a sub. My 280 is seriously lacking in the bass category. The issue will be where to add it. I am thinking under the drivers seat is the bast place.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x