Options

This saved me $300. Anyone know what it is?

Who needs a $300 waste tank indicator when you can install a plexiglass window for $9.00

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Gotta love it!  I'm betting the first of many in our marina to come!  (I'm still betting it won't be long before you do the water tank side as well)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

How are you going to install that?

I like the idea of an indicator telling you the level at the helm, so you don't need to open the engine hatch to see what's going on.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Mark, this is in the aft cabin access area on the 342. You just look at the glass with a flashlight.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wireless cam would be sweet for that.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    I hope you don't sit and eat dinner at the aft cabin with that in view. That would ruin the appetite!
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    But it just looks like a panel. Do you cut out the side of the tank and seal this panel in?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    EaglesNestEaglesNest Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    It is a panel in a closest in my Aft Cabin on my 342.  It wasn't sealed when I took it off and didn't really have an odor.  I will take a picture of it installed and post it.

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would sure want to make sure that it was well sealed. BTW what happens to that panel during a pump - out. the waste tank gets pretty deformed. Will that panel flex or pop open? MT
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael: the panel he shows is not a part of the holding tank at all. It is the side panel of the aft storage area in a 342, with the plexiglass panel you can see the waste tank level with a flashlight.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Oh, got it. I that it was a plexiglass panel that went straight on the tank. I was like, why would you want to see the crap that clearly. Lol.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks BD!  Now I get it too!  MT