Options

Sony Marine Wired Remote

dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

2005 Rinker 300

I have two Sony Marine Wired Remotes RM XM10.

I am replacing the receiver with a new Sony. The problem is Rinker cut the audio cable from the remote and hooked up a 4 wire plug and then wired that inside the old receiver not needing to use the audio jack. Now I need to convert what they did so I can use tha audio jack.

(no changes to the datalink, still using)

So confusing even more confusing to explain.

Any ideas on what to do in order to get the remotes to work?

Comments

• Options

This is the plug that was was installed by Rinker. The "headphone jack" on the back of the remote was cut and replaced with this and the other end was hardwired into the receiver. I need to revert back to the "headphone jack"  in order to plug into the new Sony.

Any ideas?

• Options
    tkrfxrtkrfxr Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have the same problem and need to replace that plug with something that goes into a small blue mono-audio-like plug

Anyone know the wiring?  The orange wire on the plug was not connected, at least in my boat...

"All things are ready if our minds be so"
    -W.Shakespeare/Henry V Rinker 2005 342FV T5.7OSXi-DF/OceanX(DPS-B)
  • Options

The remotes are MRC2 SONY compatiblle...and the wires are black, red and white....

The head unit takes a three wire 3.5 mm TRS, like a stereo headphone jack...

The problem is to wire the TRS jack correcly....

Tip=  ?color

Ring= ?color

Sleeve= (always ground) ?color

Any suggestions?

• Options

Same here orange wire not connected to anything.
  • Options

I tried wiring in a headphone jack but it never worked, not sure why, could have been my new sony radio was not compatable with the older sony remotes. I have given up at this point. Im thinking about going with Kenwood remotes and head unit and wiring in the remotes to the existing (black, orange, white, red) wiring, so I dont have to run all new wiring.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Did you do a Google search for the manual or images of the manual(they came right up for me). I have those remotes (actually only one) on my Sony head and mine works fine for volume but won't advance/skip selections so it's a little limited but still functional. Sorry, I don't recall the wiring connections but there's no harm in trial and error on audio connections.

Good luck, Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Got it!

black = ground = sleeve or unshielded in stereo jack

red = ring = red  inTRS (tip-ring-sleeve stereo jack(

white = tip = black in TRS jack

Both, cockpit and helm remote controls work now.