Our weekend at the Lake

gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
We had one great weekend at the lake.  Warm weather, 'warming' water, and beautiful sunshine on us.....
well, maybe on Monday.  This video is from Sunday.  So windy that I couldn't get my rear anchor to set, and I just kept getting blown around in circles so much that it was unfeasible to anchor at all that day.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v36c-i19Ndw
It was a fun day, but we headed back to the dock and poured some drinks.
Click to view full size image

Tell me that doesn't pucker you up!!  Ummm, please don't drop it on my car.

On Monday, we headed out to a breeze so light, you could barely notice it.  What a difference.
This is the drawbridge they built to allow traffic into the marina.  Very cool when a train goes over it.
The Owner of the boat, Bonnie, herself.
It's bike week up here in NH.  The Weirs Beach boardwalk is wall-to-wall bikes and vendors.  I have to go get my fried dough!!
The Admiral enjoying our rest stop where we had lunch.  The island behind us is a nature's preserve, called Stonedam Island.
This is a great little passageway called Sally's Gut.   Rumored to be where a woman named Sally out-drove her male competitor on a race through here one evening while heavily intoxicated in old wooden inboards.  (Not exactly what you wanted to be remembered for, is it?)
Just one of the many beautiful coves and inlets on lake Winnipesaukee.
After a sort cruise, we stopped and I pulled some Ice Cream Sundaes out of the freezer.  Was Momma happy!!
And always one of my favorites boating shots
This next shot, you can draw a straight line from shore through the islands in front of me, and you will end up with a straight line of water, 13 miles long.  The longest straight line on the lake.
Black Cat Island Bridge
Blueberry Island, where the Bald Eagle's Nest is.
And finally, at the end of the day, Wife wants to sit and have a beverage.  Those are the 'adult-sized' steps I installed for us.
Gary and Diane
290 FV Nauti Bonnie

Comments

• KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Great pictures and video's. 
    Post edited by KYSEAN on
    2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin
    Awesome pictures and video. I agree screw the crackers......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • TheSaltTheSalt Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Nice!!

~ 1998 266 Fiesta Vee 7.4 B3 ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful lake. Too far to tow our 246, much as I would like to!
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice weekend wrap up. Just the kind of headlines I enjoy the most.
    Thanks. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    At 72 sq. miles of water and 263 miles of shoreline, there is a lot of exploring possibilities.  I have been all over the lake, but feel like it is a new experience every time I venture to a spot that I haven't been in a while.  Funny thing is that it feels weird when I take one of my old routes, and then remember at some point that I can't fit under a 7.5' clearance bridge any longer.  Old habits, I guess.  

Will be back up again this Sunday for a week, so if I find myself in a photographic mood, I might just be taking some more pictures and videos.  I keep toying with the idea of a GoPro on the boat.  The only thing that stops me is that I don't really use the video camera on the iPhone, so how much more video would I find myself doing with the GoPro?  Then editing it.  Then posting it.  I think I would rather just go with the shortened Honey-do-List of....Enjoy yourself!  That is more my speed lately.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • GonesailingGonesailing Member Posts: 7
    Loved your pictures. Beautiful clear water lake. Thank You for posting. Jim 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didnt you take a dip?
  • gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Why didnt you take a dip?
    Someone had to take the pics.  
    Ahhh....just over two weeks before getting the boat back!!
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very  nice, thanks for posting.....the size of some of the northern lakes is amazing- we have lot's of river and coastline here in Fl but no lakes anything like that!