Options

1995 265 air conditioner ideas

youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

HELP. the boat is too hot inside to sleep. even with 2 fans blowing on you its like an oven in the cuddy.  What do other cuddy owners use as an air-conditioner. Im thinking a swamp cooler but am wondering if that would be very effective

Thanks

Steve.

Comments

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

I know some people use those portable A/C units available at most department stores. These are 110 volt units that can be run off shore power, or a small generator like Honda's 2000I. You will need to make an adapter to vent the unit through a hatch, or porthole. The moisture collects in a container inside the unit that will need to be emptied. There are small marine A/C units that can be mounted in the boat but require a through hull fitting to pump water through for cooling. My 242 has one located behind the stairs to the cabin that came from the factory. But again you will need shore power or a generator.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the boat owners at the marina where my slip is at uses a portable unit from Home Depot. He says that it works great. For under $400, it might be worth a look.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited June 2014
    I had a marine A/C that fit right into the hatch. Worked great but I forgot the name. I will try to Google it for you. It worked on 110 VAC.

Update: Well it looks like its not longer available. Here it the link and maybe you can find something close. Good luck and keep us posted.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    At one time greatlakesskipper had the hatch marine style