Options

Shore Power Question

Justin07Justin07 Member Posts: 5
Hi, I'm a new Rinker owner. Recently purchased a 2001 Captiva 272 CC. I'm just wondering if anyone can explain to me how the shore power works on this boat. Nothing seems to work when I'm plugged in other than the 110v plug. When i turn the batteries on I can use accessories, radio, fridge. Does the shore power charge the batteries? Are the Dino Cool fridges ac/dc or only dc?
Any information would be great, thanks.

Justin

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume after you plugged in the shore power you energize the main breaker panel with 110V by switching it on. After that you would need to turn the batter charger breaker on to start charging the battery. Other components like the fridge, AC, plugs, microwave, water heater, etc also have their own breakers which need to be turned on to get any power to those accessories.

You would need to search for the owners manual to find out if your fridge is 12V and 110V compatible. Mine is. When it senses 110V it automatic switches to that.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    icomp123icomp123 Member Posts: 1
    would appreciate it if you can tell me where to find the battery charger breaker. Thanks.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    There is normally a power panel down in the cabin with all the AC power breakers and the DC power breakers.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in your main panel (mine was next to galley sink), there should be a breaker for the battery charger. I had a 260EC, so it might be different on your boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"