Options

FYI - Replaced my speakers - Wow!

mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
My 2008 276BR was in need of some upgrades. Had the factory premium sound, Clarion, two amplifier, 8 speaker & subwoofer system. Replaced the 8 with new Kicker Marine. The cones were dried & warped. Gotta say the sound is infinitely better. You wouldn't think the factory stuff would degrade that quick......but pretty harsh environment. I didn't realize what I was missing! Mattie
246BR, 276BR, H310BR current

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have the arch to have 8 speakers? I dont have the arch and only have 6.

Post some pics, its always great to see the finished product.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Its amazing what a change new speakers can make! 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Yup, arch. Wasn't gonna change the Clarion sub. But after a boat ride today I'm going to swap it for the Kicker sub too. All the Kicker speakers have the option of LED lights in them, change the colors etc. Decided against the LED's - you have to run separate power wires to each speaker. PIA! installer said it's no buggy on a fresh install but not a refit.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    It's actually really easy to run the power wires for the led in the speakers. I did all 6 of mine in about an hour, but the realized the arch speakers were shallow depth. So I still need to replace them. How much were the ones you bought, and what model?
    Post edited by Weber on
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312