Options

depth finder issue

Has anyone ever experienced an issue with the depth finder where it stops working at low speeds ( defaults to 1.7 feet). When you shut down power and reset it it works again? I think it is the meter in the dash or it may be a connection.

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the transducer.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Strother85Strother85 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Just had issues with mine as well.  If this is a faria gauge in a 2014 boat then it is most likely the gauge itself.  Apparently there was a bad run of faria depth gauges that were installed in 2014 boats, the dealer I bought my boat from (276) said that they had several warranty replacements last week alone.  The symptoms of the bad gauge are identical to that of the transducer apparently so they had replaced a couple of transducers with no luck fixing the issue before figuring out the true cause of the problem.  Moral of the story, if its a new faria gauge, question that first.
  • Options
    jamaican_getawayjamaican_getaway Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    The gauge is a faria. If I take the panel off and check the wiring on the back of the gauge. Is there a way to test. And isolate if it is the transducer or the gauge. Does anyone know if I can replace either or do I have to replace both as a set. Btw it is the origonal 2004 and thanks for the help.
  • Options
    jamaican_getawayjamaican_getaway Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

here is what I found. There are 2 series of transducers one has a 2020 in the number and 1 has a 2060. The 2060 is better. You can replace the transducer or the gauge. I bought a new thru hull and tried it by hanging it over the side and plugging it into the meter in the dash. Mine was the transducer. I mounted the new thru hull( no drilling) just in front of the old  and snaked the cable back to the dash. They say you can splice but I decided not to do that. New transducer works great with old gauge. Faria was very helpful on the phone