Options

Looking for Used Norcold Fridge 272 Captiva

SpeedracerSpeedracer Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
Mine is dead.  I believe it is a Norcold DE251C model.  Live in MI and looking for used in working condition.  Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Just curious - when you say "dead" does that mean compressor, electrical or......? I had a 1999 272 for 3 seasons and when I purchased it, the fridge was also " dead" - would not run or anything. So, I pulled it out only to find that there was a 10 amp (May have been a 15 amp but pretty sure it was a 10 amp) blade type fuse that had cooked. That fuse was physically set up on the back of the fridge unit. I replaced the fuse and it worked fine after that. I also found that there was another in-line fuse in the 12v wiring from the battery to the fridge that used one of the round long type ( old automotive style fuse). That fuse was ok but I added a 10 amp reset type breaker fuse in the batter selector switch box and removed the in-line fuse since it was tough to get to. After I changed the 10 amp fuse, I never had a problem with the fridge after that. Might be worth a check on yours.
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    L&m marine st Clair Jefferson avenue call them
  • Options
    SpeedracerSpeedracer Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Hi Frodo,

Thank you for the information, however the unit needs to be repaired and recharged.  Did you have any other issues with your 272?

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Checkers marine service in lasalle michigan might have a used one 

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

I had the same fridge, fixed it with a new transformer. Then the new transformer blew up, so I had a dead fridge again. $25 and craigslist got me a dorm fridge that fits in the hole of the old one. $5 got me some trim from the Habitat For Humanity.

Now I have a decent looking RELIABLE fridge. Granted it only works on 120 volts but If I really was worried about it I could put it on an inverter.

Just something to think about 

• Options
    miker01miker01 Member Posts: 4

I have a 2004 282 my fridg works on battery voltage but not on 110 volt checked power its fine any suggestions