x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Electrical Discussions

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Mike . I think it should be volts not amps....... ?
  • Options
    You are absolutely correct FC, thanks, I'll change that pronto! MT
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far over what gauge wire is the gauge from the battery? It's amazing how much drop you can get...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Mike, some of those 12 volts meter have an adjusting screw in the back. Or as Drew said the size of the wiring could be the problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Michael, I noticed the exact same readings today after installing the AGM batteries. Thanks for putting this out there. With my old flooded lead acid batteries, the gauge inside the cabin panel seemed quite accurate, 13.1 fully charged and down around 10.5 when the alarm on my inverter would go off, exactly what the inverter manual indicated. This leads me to believe the gauge either doesn't read AGM battery voltage accurately, or just needs adjustment. Keep us posted what you find out. I'd love to have a better gauge at a more accessible location but then as you mentioned, maybe with the new set up, I won't be worrying and planning genny run tiimes and just enjoy a few days with the fridges running full blast ( gotta have cold beer) while the batteries keep on running.
    Wayne '09 340 EC