Options

seeking refrigerator model number

tcooktcook Member Posts: 3

Hoping someone can help me!  I just purchased a 2000 330 FV.  It does not have the original galley refrigerator in it.  I would like to install the correct refrigerator, but cannot find a model number to order the correct one....

Can anyone help?  Thanks! 

Comments

• Options

The local rep asked for the number i guess for cross reference to current.  Maybe someone with a 98,99,00 330 might check theirs for me? 

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help!

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

I have a 2000 340 FV.  I'll check this weekend.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

DE-490 is the model number for my 2000 340.  Good luck.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options

Thanks very much.  I had decided to use just the opening dimensions, but this will be an even better cross check. 

Much Appreciated!

• Options
    gearshiftgearshift Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

a few years ago the fridge in my 260 FV stopped working on DC. I took the fridge home and started troubleshooting it. I found that I required a new PC board for $350.00. A new Norcold was nearly $1000.00. I decided that I would run the fridge on an inverter. On AC it only draws 60ma. Been fine for 3 years. The reason I'm sharing this with you is you can get an AC fridge for less than $150.00. Look around for the size you need. Just pay attention to venting (air flow)
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree you will have trouble finding that exact model. I have trouble finding things after only 4 year in the market - things are changing that fast.  I would go with opening size and find something new to fit. As gearshift states, you have a great opportunity to put in an inverter and get a cheaper fridge.  My friend did that, he even got a bigger fridge out of it!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"