Stay Afloat

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something every boater should keep on board!

http://youtu.be/888wQhRcmjQ

2008 330EC

Comments

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

It looks like toilet bowl wax.  I have some plugs in varying sizes including ones that contour to abnormal holes, but it looks like i'll need some toilet bowl wax on board as well.

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin

Having a container or that cant hurt. Looks like it worth having it on board...

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod

I agree CW, I wonder if toilet bowl wax would be cheaper.  Either way, looks good to have onboard.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

that's pretty slick! thanks for sharing that, Aero. Off to the home improvement store to get some toilet bowl wax.
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks similar but I think the SA may be a bit more dense than a wax bowl ring. Almost as thick as plumbers putty for sink drains etc. wth it's only $7 at WM anyway. Either way It's a great idea and something I'll definately add. Thanks Aero.

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,457 admin

Hey guys why take a chance of having toilet bowl was and maybe it wont work?? If your taking on a lot of water is saving maybe $5 really worth it? 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    raybo3 said:

Hey guys why take a chance of having toilet bowl was and maybe it wont work?? If your taking on a lot of water is saving maybe $5 really worth it? 

X2

2008 330EC
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

agreed.  Its cheap either way.  I'm going with the WM stuff.
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    2008 330EC
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

If you want to see a picture of this item go to the Forum Search and enter Toms - Safety Items and the post Good Items To Have On Board will appear from my posting of December 2015. or enter Good Items To Have On Board.

BTW...The USCG approves "Stay Afloat" it and carries it. Unlike toilet bowl wax it is designed to stick to an already wet surface and will remain firm. I gave the unopened container of it to the new owners of my 360. I purchased it at West marine but many marine stores carry it. In the picture was also specialized tape that was super high heat resistant, waterproof and could hold many hundreds of volts. All great items to have on board.

Cheers, MT

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I don't think toilet bowl cleaner would come close to what that stuff does...I'm sure it may even harden some when et perhaps to do what they show it can do. Another thing a guy at work told me about that also should be on this list is a tape that has some sort of resin in it that for sure gets hard when wet, could wrap a hose with a hole in it....no childish comments, aw heck, go ahead 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wet, can't edit it
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ras, the tape that I mentioned "Rescue Tape" is a multi purpose safety tape.
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Never seen this stuff before but after watching this video this is a must have on the boat. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • ChesapeakeChillerChesapeakeChiller Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I will be picking some up this weekend for sure, thanks for the post.

2004 Cruisers Yachts 320 W/6.2L I/B's

Boat Name- Anchor Management, Mayo MD