Options

2001 rinker 340

thinking about a 2001 rinker 340 are there any known problems with this year and model I need to know or look for. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure a current or past 340 owner will chime in, outside of that get a survey, ask for maintenance records, etc.  Oil samples analyzed from the outdrives and engines is worth it too.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    07street07street Member Posts: 3

thank you black diamond

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    If it is the same as a 2000 340 (which I believe it is), the toughest part is changing out the impeller (especially the stbd side). & when I say tough, I mean taking 3-4 times longer than it should. That engine room is really tough to work in. I know someone with a 2000 340 and have helped him out here and there, very nice boat.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    07street07street Member Posts: 3
    Thank you dream inn I am already use to that since my searay 300 is the same on the stbd side. We are wanting not needing a bigger boat and its possible we can get this at a great price. Still waiting to see if they want to trade since they are wanting a litlle bit smaller boat
  • Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭

I have the same exact year and model. It's a great boat...has a couple quirks just like the rest of them but nothing you can't overcome.  If you need anything or want me to address something more specific just let me know.

Get a good survey and sea trial and enjoy the process! 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the beam on that boat. Should be spacious. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    ruwallydogruwallydog Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    12 ft beam. Another thought...I have the mercruiser horizon 350 mags which have been bullet proof so far, but I would have preferred to have a little more more horsepower than I have now. I always boat with a crowd and a little more umph would be nice to get up on plane a little easier. 

Boat has a low swim platform and it does cause a lot of drag...when running full of people I make sure holding tank is completely empty and take only a limited amount of water in the tank...took me my first season to get it right.  Again,  not a huge deal but you need to be aware of it.

Best