Options

Ice Maker stopped working

OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

It has not come unplugged, the breaker is good and there is power to the receptacle it is plugged into. Worked great for the 4 years since the boat was new. There is no cooling, no sign of anything. Anyone had this problem? Any ideas where to go next and what else to do to troubleshoot? 

Thanks, Wayne

Wayne '09 340 EC

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

mine did that last year.  Turned every thing off and turned it back on.  An hour later it kicked on.  Weird....

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

There is a on-off switch in the middle front. Make sure no one turned it off....

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

The middle front switch is on. Funny thing, a few hours earlier to it I had just explained thus switch to a new Rinker owner that couldn't figure out how to turn on the ice maker I should have known, it's now jinxed! Tried leaving it off for 24 hours then turned it back on 4 hours ago but it still doesn't come on. Thanks for the suggestions, back to the drawing board! 

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the ice maker has its own breaker in the panel. A riends refrigerator stopped working last week. One of the terminals on the breaker had a loose screw and it was preventing a solid contact. As well a cranky breaker can sometimes be re-set by clicking it off then clicking it back on a few times. Fingers crossed for a speedy and inexpensive resolution. MT

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Might there be a reset on the back of it by the motor or maybe an inline fuse behind it? I'm just throwing it out there not sure, but I have seen it in a camper. 

• Options

We'll I haven't pulled it out yet but I have confirmed there is power at the plug. I tried plugging it into the cockpit receptacle and still nothing. As well, a fan plugged into the ice maker receptacle works fine. It does however seem to give out a very faint hum. I'm wondering if it has lost all it's refrigerant. Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep troubleshooting. I'll probably have to pull it to really see what's going on.

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    elangoneelangone Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Old Dog - It's most likely the 120v solenoid under the icemaker box.  Turn it off, remove the cover (one little screw) and you'll see the water intake line, going to a valve, and then a smaller water line that goes to the the ice tray. You can troubleshoot it by either unscrewing the smaller water line that goes to the ice tray, advancing the tray with the little screw up top, and seeing if water comes out, or you can remove the electrical connectors, and test for resistance across the leads of the solenoid. Either way - it was a $34 fix and my icemaker CRANKS!  Good luck

2004 Fiesta Vee 342 "It's All About Kelly"
  • Options

Thanks for this idea élangone. Wouldn't that solenoid be for advancing the water into the tray then the tray turning and dropping the cubes? My problem is that there is no cooling whatsoever. I would think first it cools, then the water system must function correctly then the tray spins around dropping the cubes, then the water fills the tray and then the wait for the freezing to take place. I'm not getting any freezing so the system stops right here.

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options

No, it appears nothing is running but there is a very very faint hum. 

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options

RY, what do you suspect is the problem, the compressor? It has a 5 year warranty and it's only a little over 4 years old, might I be in luck?

Wayne '09 340 EC