Options

How can I remove Fuel Tank on 1994 Captiva 209?

LivnhappyLivnhappy Member Posts: 3

Notice fuel smell in engine compartment. Looked at all fuel fittings and separator didn't see leak Noticed fuel in bilge area so fuel must be seeping some where at tank. How can I get to fuel tank and replace? Any help will be appreciated. 

Answers

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Check your  fuel pump. If the clear hose came off the pump or the carb, gas will pump into the bildge if/when the fuel pump goes bad.

• Options
    LivnhappyLivnhappy Member Posts: 3

Thanks youstolemybeer for the suggestion. I checked as you suggested and didn't see any problem with the hose. Would be great if that was the problem. Fuel seeps really slow running beneath tank thru the drain holes into bilge area. Unfortunately looks like problem with tank.

• Options
    shandushandu Member Posts: 6
    Did you ever solved the problem?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While looking remember how dangerous gasoline vapors are. At 20:1 they become more explosive than dynamite. No sparks, we don't want to read about another boat fire or injuries to you. Have you checked the integrity of your fuel hoses? Especially with ethanol they become permeable. Gasoline could seep through a hose(s) and run down the hose to underneath your tank and leak out. Hopefully the problem is not your tank.