x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Rinker Express Cruisers Forum

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are about in the middle of the anchor selection with the 22# for your boat lenght..moving to a 35# would add some safety.  Almost overriding the weight is the anchor type and what you are setting in really.  My 342 with the 22# holds like a rock in sand (8-10' seas)...in mud not as good, almost no rocks in my area to worry about.  The chain length makes a huge difference too as I'm sure you know.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    The 10 kg should be fine for most conditions, but:  Do you frequently raft up with multiple boats on a single anchor?  If yes, consider moving up a size.  Do you run with your trim tabs down to get the right running angle?  If yes, upsizing your anchor and/or adding more chain might have the side benefit of helping with balance. 

Do you have one Boat Unit (capital "B") of cash burning a hole in your pocket?  Go for the uber-sexy stainless steel bling anchor!   

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I wasn't happy with the holding power of my 22lb delta, so I went up to the Rocna (virtually the same as Manson Supreme) 35 pounder.  It still fit my pulpit, and man does that thing hold.  It was blowing 30 on Saturday and people were drifting all over in a renown crumby anchorage spot.  We held with no issues.  The only problem is getting that thing unstuck in muddy conditions.  Much of the time I have to swing the boat around and flip it and hope it doesn't it set again.

Perfect size for a 360.

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod

Like BD said -- match the anchor to the seabed, and size becomes less of an issue.  My 342 had a 22-lb Delta.  The 370, which weighs 5000 pounds more, has a 35-lb Delta.  They've always provided good holding power in the Potomac's mud bottom.

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Craig I hang on a Rocna and have for years. It resets like nothing and I sleep with total confidence. It won't be the ideal night but the rowdy one when Im glad it'll roll and set point down in a matter of a few feet. The 270 fits a 10kg just right. 

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl