Options

Changing colors on 272 ME CD

DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum

We bought our 2000 272 CD last year and absolutely love it.  The one downfall is that it is trimmed in red, and not blue. While changing the name and registration #'s, I discovered this is not exactly rocket science.  So, one of my two off season projects is to change her canvas, decals, and seating from red to blue. I am not going to bother with the enclosure because I never use it.  I have a local shop that can handle the bimini and seating, but I am looking for tips/ advice / pitfalls on changing the decals.  It would seem that if I marked points where the existing decals are, swapping them should be fairly easy.  In addition, The lower stripe could be run along the line of my bottom paint. I have found some "OEM" decals online, but would rather have input on any more reliable sources.  Does Rinker still stock the decals?      

Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭

You can find decals on the web if you look in the right places. I know Great Lakes Skipper has some OEM Rinker decals. 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Thanks for the replies.  No, I am not having the hull painted.  Hadn't really even thought about that.  Until now.  :)  

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dano, another way to go is to get a vinyl wrap on the boat. One of my slip mates did this 3 years ago to cover his tarnished hull. It still looks brand new today. With a wrap you can do full coverage colors as you wish. Heck they even make a carbon fiber look alike, which looks awesome (have that on the roof of my mercedes). It will probably not be that expensive. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I take it that the hull is white. If you contact Cindy Scott at Rinker, she should be able to hook you up with new decals in the color that you want. Be away of the sticker shock... No pun intended. They can be a little pricy. You could also change the year of your decal. On my old 98 232cc, I put decals from a 2008 246. It really updated the look of the boat.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

I peeled all my vinyl decals off. I thought they looked kind of cheesy. Plain black hull looks very classy.
  • Options
    crunch1crunch1 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Don't know if this is closed but I just ordered some decals locally. I went to a vinyl stripe place and they set me up with their suplier. I sent them a pic of what I had and They quoted me a price of $118 for both of them. Might be something you can look into.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glassguy54. I have had 3 Rinker black hulls now: 226XL, EC 310 and EC 360.....no decals, no boot stripe - just a straight black hull. I get compliments all the time. IMO - way classier. MT