Options

regarding shower pump 1992 260 FV

1992 Fiesta V 260.

Whenever we used the shower in the cabin, the rug would get soaked outside the shower in the left corner of the cabin below the step. I replaced the inoperative shower pump and somehow the water is not being directed towards the new pump and is still soaking the carpet. There's not much room to inspect under the step. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

Answers

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    well, I'd expect there is only a couple things it could be. Either the seal on your shower box (or something inside like switch or pump not turning on), hose connections either at bottom of shower drain or going into the box, or a seal around the shower drain. I'd expect the hose itself to probably be ok, but I guess at 22 years old it could be dry-rotted. I'd almost rule out the box area cause I assume that is behind the step area and water would just drain from there into the bilge. Maybe start with pulling the drain out of the shower area to look at connections.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    gearshiftgearshift Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thanks. Sounds like a good place to start. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pull the drain out.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

Is it possible the drain is clogged? I run white vinegar to keep the drain clear... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    gearshiftgearshift Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Another good idea. I'll attempt to snake it this weekend. I'll get back to the forum next week with any results.
  • Options
    NomadicOneNomadicOne Member Posts: 10
    I had the exact same happen in my 342.  First, I discovered that the one clip that secures the drain box lid was broken and so the box didn't seal properly. Duct tape solution. Second issue was that the pump was not seated or inserted far enough into the discharge pipe. What kept it from seating was a very simple one way or flapper type valve. I took it out and threw it away. Last thing was that I ran a flexible piece of wire up the discharge pipe and I could feel that there was a slight blockage. Pushed it out or at least broke whatever it was up. Ran water through system and it has not happened again.