Options

First Night Cruise

KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in Rinker Photo Gallery

We took our first night cruise last night. Started at sunset and spent a couple of hours on the river. Very relaxing.

2012 Rinker BR216 5.0

Comments

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

Beautiful. We rarely go out in the evening, these photos make me want to.

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pictures. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

working on our first night out...
  • Options

It was very relaxing and quite on the river. Loading up on the way out was easier than I thought at night.

2012 Rinker BR216 5.0
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

I love night cruising. Great pic's.... 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

I was a bit nervous the first couple of times but now I love cruising at night.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

Beautiful pics!  I love that night time cruising, but it really looks much different.  Definitely need to stay on top of the different buoy markers, those that don't light at night, etc.  Very early morning is also very pleasant (leave about a half hour before sunrise).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited July 2014

nice! The only thing I dislike about night cruises or night fishing are the BUGS!!

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options

For some reason, bugs were not even an issue. Strange now that you mention it. We do have plenty here in Kentucky. We passed a couple of barges with plenty of room. Of course we were only traveling at about 2000 rpm's. I wouldn't want to hit a log at a higher speed. It was the first time I actually got to see all the dash lit up. Very easy to see and on the eyes for night travel.

2012 Rinker BR216 5.0