Options

House, Generator, Port and Starboard Cockpit Switches on 2011 310 EC

MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

I have 4 switches on the starboard side of my cockpit to power the House, Generator, Port and Starboard engines.  They have worked flawlessly for 2 years.  The other day I noticed that all of the switches except the generator will not turn off. When I switch them off the light blinks and then turns back on and all of the power is still flowing.  Previously it would cut the power.  Nothing has changed to my knowledge on the boat.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen or how to fix it?  Thank you!

Comments

• Options
  • Options

No ideas out there?

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had that problem with my 2013 EC 310.  I am sure you have checked any fuses related to these switches. You would find that info in your manual or by calling your dealer. I no longer have my 310 or I'd look for you. The first advice I got was to check the auto switching devices in the engine bay. These automatically change the position of the battery switches when they are pressed up in the cockpit. Instead, I decided to look at ground wires first. It was a ground wire. I took off and re tightened all on them at one shot, not sequentially, so I can't say which one was at fault. I like Steve's question regarding water mitigation. DID they get wet? I often wondered about the location of them in my cockpit. I'd check that. Then, I would use a meter to check continuity. I believe you will solve this quickly. Fuses, water infiltration, grounds. MT