Options

Electrical Problem - GPS/Bilge Blower

wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

My 2009 320 EC recently developed an electrical problem, the GPS shuts off when the bilge blower is switched on. I checked voltage to the GPS and found that the source voltage drops to about 8 volts when the blower is turned on, which is causing the GPS to shut down. I know I have a voltage drop problem somewhere. Do any of you know where I can obtain an accurate wire diagram for a 2009 Rinker 320 EC? A wire diagram would help me diagnose the specific location of the problem. Frankly, I think the 320 is a great boat, but factory installed wire harness routing and neatness leave much to be desired. Secondly, has anyone on the forum experienced this problem? If so, what was the specific root cause/fix for the issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the reply RinkerYan. I sent an email to Randy Rinker just now in hope that he can help. I did have a problem with the Fireboy system last season (green light was out) that was caused by a badly corroded wire connection in the engine compartment that supplied power to the Fireboy and port side gauges. Hopefully, this GPS problem will be easy to find and fix.

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I do agreed with you ( but factory installed wire harness routing and neatness leave much to be desired.) I find that out looking into the fireboy problem there was six wires splice from the fireboy light to the extinguisher  and all different colors.........

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

Maybe the blower motor is going  bad. Try disconnecting the blower motor and turn on the GPS and then turn the switch on for the blower motor. If the GPS stays on then maybe you should replace the blower motor.

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to give Randy your HIN. He sent me the wiring diagram for my 280 and I have used it multiple times already. Randy is a great asset to Rinker!!!

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options

Hi RinkerYan, My FireBoy system is correctly wired and functioning as it should. No issues there, but I have had some other minor wiring issues with gauges and such.
  • Options

I didn't, I'll check that out tonight. Thanks!