Fuel injector cleaning services

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to pull all my injectors and get them cleaned/serviced, if nothing more than preventitive maintenance and maybe help with my performance issues (real or perceived lol).  Anyone used a cleaning place they can recommend? 

Seem to be a lot just searching..Witchhunter performance (WA)..lots of small places..

Thanks!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Best Answers

Answers

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

you can likely purchase new ones from bruce at fiveomotorsports which have been benched and grouped for not a lot more than having them cleaned, rebasketed, and benched by a competent shop.... a lot of those shops simply drop them in an ultrasound cleaner and call it a day...

go with a replacement by Siemens or one of the FMS models that match up in flow+duty cycle (which are made by Siemens)  :smile:  for replacement... for the love of all that's holy, stay away from accel. 

edited to add: five hole sprayers are the way to go, too... they mist A LOT better, as opposed to relying on the backside of a hot valve to atomize the spray.... I once swapped out single hole sprayers for five hole sprayers, and found that I could retard my fuel sync by 4~7* and maintain good exhaust A:F sniffed by a five wire... the retard (spraying closer to TDC) allowed less fuel to be delivered for the same performance, hence increase in economy (worth nearing 1.5mpg on the ground if I recall correctly)... 

good stuff... no?

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Drew...my concern was like yours..some just do a simple ultrasonic clean and done, a few places are almost word for word the same for what they do..odd.  I emailed five-o to see if they do the injectors for a Mercury, their prices seem cheap for new so hope they are not chinese fakes..some bad word on those, I've seen the Mercury ones for near $150 each..ouch. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

you don't have to use the merc ones... many if not most of the quality ones are branded by siemens.. they will cross reference, and bruce is the man to know...

i've purchased at least four sets from him over the years... he doesn't do weirdo stuff like other places which pray on peoples lack of knowledge on those things..

you'll have to determine your connectors, and your stack height, and of course the diameter of the mating side... the fuel pressure needs to be known, and an injector selected that maintains the wanted spray characteristics and volume at the pressure the pump provides... if you match up those things, you can choose from a huge selection of injectors available on fiveo. 

Sounds like a project in the making!  Carbs were so much easier lol  I would assume 43psi is the operating pressure.  I'll have to dig into all the stack height, connectors and diameters info..

Thanks for the tips!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin

RY I think BD is falling 3 or 4 MPH shy of where he should be......

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Never did go this route. The Hill 4x4 props and pitch drop did the trick. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI