Options

Have anyone gone from a 320 fiesta vee to a 310 EC

ThellThell Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

Hi. I'm thinking of changing my 2005 320 against a new 310 but the beam is 10inch shorter, is this notable in space etc? 

Have anyone done this? I appreciate any thoughts around space, layout etc.

Best regards,

Martin

Comments

• Options

I don't have the opportunity to look at a 310 so I don't know. Maybe some of you could give me some spontaneous feelings around space, is the 310 the much smaller or equal? Is the sleeping opportunity better or worse?  Today we sleep 2 adults and 5 kids in our 320. The smallest on a madras on the floor, 3 in after cabin and the adults in the front. It actually works fine. Is the after berth in 310 the same size as in the 320? Is it possible to sleep 2 smaller kids in the sofa on the 310?

Thanks.  

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

10+ inches less beam is a lot. I would find one to ealk somewhere. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

beam is everything.  I think you'd be giving up alot of boat going that direction.

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭

I really really like the 310 EC, but your 320 is like the current 340 EC space-wise.

I'll bet the cockpit of the 310 is maybe a better layout, but the cabin wont be as roomy at all.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

The beam alone with the size of your crew I think you would not be happy. The cockpit has a better lay out in my eyes for entertaining but the cabin for extended over night stays is going to be cramped the kids are going to get bigger and it's gonna make the boat feel even smaller. Just my thoughts good luck 

• Options

Thank you all for your feedback. I will have to look at the 340 EC :-)

• Options
    bmaxbmax Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Thell... I have a 2011 EC 310 and the aft cabin and front berth will be fine for four people (2 in each) but the sofa would only sleep 1 at best. I don't know anyone with a 320 but my slip mate has a 2002 310 which has a wider beam but less room inside the cockpit area compared to our boat. Beam IS everything in most boats but the 310 used the space very well and we are very happy with our boat.

bmax

• Options
    EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I have a 2011 310 i love it.  Very spacious and just remember if you are not living on it it's perfect for anyone to sleep overnight 

Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

I have a 2011 310 ec. I Also have 4 children. We make it work but I could not imagine adding another to the mix. 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our 2013 EC310 "slept" 2 adults with 5 kids for three days. It was "tight" but doable. On the first night. Three teenagers were in the aft cabin and an 8 and 6 year old on the cabin couch pull-out. The pull-out couch did accomodate two children but would only accomodate 1 adult or 1 big child. The second and third nights the two children slept in the cockpit on the extended seating and the third teenager slept in the cabin couch-pull out - that was way better. You need to take the family to try one before you buy it. The 310 won a lot of awards for space utilization but putting 7 people in the cabin at night would be "tight" for any longer than 3 nights in my opinion. MT

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod

As said, you will definitely notice the 310 is much smaller than the older 320.  Others have said they can fit and sleep many in the 310EC, but you are asking for a comparison.  If you want the same space, but newer, than as mentioned the 340EC would be about the same as what you have.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Thell, I just had a tour through a 320 this morning. It is pretty much as DI says what is called a 340. I have been on several 340s and they are, of course, bigger than the 310. I think ther are even roomier than the FV 320. The 320 specs show a foot more beam than the Ec 310 but it doesn't look like that because the 310 has a better interior design - as bmax said. The 320s front berth is bigger in the 310 and the bathroom is also bigger. If I had 3-5 chiuldren I'd look for a used 342, 340 or even  a used 360 all  would be far, far better. I was in a 2008 342 on the weekend and it was a very good size. The 360 has even better interior room. I have now been on 4 boats and still highly recommend you do the same. I do not think, given your passenger laod that you would be happy with a nEc 310. My opinion is that a well looked-after 342 would be your best boat, followed by a 340. If money weren't an issue a used well looked after 360 would be fantastic for you. MT

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod

MT, if money weren't an issue, the 400 has two twin beds and a couch that folds down into a double bed.  & don't forgot those doors that close betwen staterooms. :)

But I agree, the 342 is an excellent boat and has the separate shower.  The good thing is, there are many of them out there because they were a very popular boat for good reason.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

True DI :-) MT