Options

What model is it?

I purchased what I thought the fella told me was a 2007 Rinker 226, but the title says it is a 2007 Rinker 232.  The hull number is RNK83261J607.  Anyone help me with what I have.  The insurance says the engine serial number indicates that it has a 5L Merc rated at 260hp.  I really like the boat, so it is only relevant if I want to order anything or sell it at a future date. 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

If you call Rinker and give them the HIN, they will be able to tell you what you have. According to the HIN, it was built in October 2006 and it is a 2007 model year boat. Post a picture on here... Most of us can tell by a picture. What number is on the side of the boat on the decal? Or did they take all of the decals off? 

Enjoy your new boat and welcome aboard!

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited July 2014

Really easy.   Does it have a bolt on swim platform or a really wide molded on one that flows with the hull design?   Does it have a sink in the cockpit area?  Can you not tell from photos of 232's, 226's, or 246's online? 

Mark

Post edited by mvn on
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    summerxsummerx Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

What does the title say?

• Options
    MIowaMIowa Member Posts: 3
  • Options
    MIowaMIowa Member Posts: 3

Yeah, I'm going to call Rinker Monday.  The title says 232, but it looks like a 226 to me.  Molded swim platform, don't recall a sink.  Doesn't have any decals that I recall that indicate model.  I will try and attach some photos.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a 226 bowrider. The 232 didn't have a molded in swim platform like that. The 246 was when that came along. It looks like a 226 is to the right of Captiva in picture A.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Robs_232Robs_232 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Says Captiva 226 on the side decal
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Yup, definitely a 226.....and a nice one I might add!

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I agree nice looking ride...........

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

As your forum colleagues have correctly stated you have a 226. It may even be a 226 XL depending on its interior configuration. Either way it is a real nice boat and I understand why you like it. I had a 2011 226 XL.  It looks to be in good shape. Congratulations! MT

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm, here's a dumb question. Did you get the correct title?  You should check the serial number on the title against what is on the boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually. Mark's question is a really smart question as your insurance might be a problem in the event of trouble. The "Admiral's" boss - who was actually a General -bought a boat. When there was trouble with one of the drives he found-out that the serial numbers on the drives didn't match the serial numbers on the bill sale. What a mess that was! Good call Mark! MT

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭

Thats a sweet looking boat with matching trailer. I've never seen a Captiva with those colors before. Really pops with the light blue. As already stated by other members, check all serial numbers against the paperwork you have. 

Enjoy your new ride! 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio