Options

Windlass solenoid

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the windlass solenoid is on the 342? 

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

If it's the one from the factory you don't have one, it's built into the switch and a weak point in the system.

Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options

When I try to use my windlass, I hear clicking way down under the dash on the starboard side away from the switch. Where is that coming from?

• Options

Pull the switch and look at it, it is under the dash.  If it looks big with crossing connectors on the back it is built into the switch.  You can disconnect the wires and touch them directly to the windlass wires to see if it operates the windlass.  If so the windlass is good but you switch/relay is bad.  I have also found loose connects on the switch cause clicking with no action, so check that as well.

Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options

the switch is not big with crossing connectors on mine. When I take the instrument panel that has all the switches off and try to run the windlass, I hear clicking that sounds like a solenoid down the bottom towards the right but can't find where it's coming from.

• Options

Take a picture of your switch.

Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options

Found the solenoid......it was tucked in behind the sub woofer. Solenoid works fine, must be the windlass motor.

• Options

I think my motor is shot. Every once in a while it will slowly let the anchor down for just a short distance then it won't work at all. I removed the v-berth mirror and cut some access holes, I'm going to remove the windlass this weekend and take it home. Can those motors be rebuilt?