Options

generator not charging house battery

SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

This one has me stumped. ... the battery charges on shore power but not with genny...when the gen is running my charger (protek mariner) lights up like its on but not charging....any ideas

01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Only thing I could think of is your genny has a charging capability as well.  If that fuse is in and it's charging it, maybe the protek is thinking the battery is fully charged and does not need it?  But, that doesn't make sense either cause the genny would only charge the battery it's connected to.

I can't think of anything that would be different between genny and shore, especially if the lights come for the charger in both situations.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

update...batteries were no longer charging on shore power either....tested my charger...its toast...ordered a new one.... (this makes more sense now)

01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    trickyrickytrickyricky Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Did you check the 30amp fuse in the charger?  I thought the same thing, had some of the same issues...it was just the fuse in the charger.

2004 270 Fiesta Vee, 496 Mag
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

SeaHare, makes a lot more sense now.  & yes, check the 30 amp fuses inside, although they only blow if polarity is incorrectly wired.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express