Docking system of the future

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a look at this concept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyA2TwjAuz8

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Hmm. .........not sure where I'm going to mount all of that hardware on my luxury yacht! 

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say future, what are we talking about 5 years, 10 years, 30 years. I just want to know how much time I have to save up $2 million.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2MM plus buying the yacht!  lol  The electric connection was a bit wierd to watch. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

Hey Steve, I'm too busy with (and happy with) my Axius to look at other systems. Here's my next plan: I want to purchase and install a CAN BUS port on the stern of our 360. Then I want to purchase a second Axius joystick and put 20 feet of its wiring in a nice tidy loom. IF I can do this - when docking I will be able to stand on the swim platform or in the rear of the cockpit with a REMOTE Axius joystick in my hand and bring 'er in. I'm not kidding, I'll be talking to the Axius rep about this. If I do get to do it there will be pictures maybe even a video LOL. MT

• Options

Geez Steve, that would be nice. I only know of the fixed joystick units....now you've really got me going. MT

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Wireless would be even better

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

MT, yes they have a remote control. A guy with a 60 ft boat at my marina has one similar/same as in that you tube video RY posted. He got in a lot of trouble one day when he tried to show his friends he could maneuver it around the marina unmanned.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

I have sen these rigs guys and an even better one. The guy took out a "wand" painted the dock with a red laser light, plugged the pen into his controller, pushed a button and the boat docked exactly where he "painted" the mark as he walked down from the bow into the baot. Not bad for $250,000.00. Because I can't afford Steve's quality of toys I have to make do with the poor man's solution. I already have Axius (no bow thrusters) so I just want a second remote and don't mind if its on a tether! MT

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

Michael,  see if they'll do a two for one deal and we can split it!

Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options

You're on Wayne! MT  P.S. Steve, in this world there ain't no justice - unless you watch the show Justified! MT

• Options

Hey Guys, want to see a neat docking system in operation right now? I was telling a friend about our discussions. He has been to Hong Kong many times. He said google Rinker EC 360. Click on the sellers site www.yachtworld.com Go to the 2006 EC 360 that is for sale in Hong Kong for $195K. look at the first few pictures. You will see the hydraulic arms that many docks have to hold boats in place.  REALLY COOL. BTW  Steve , you'll notice that it has diesels. P.S. I don't think it's a 360 - it sure looks like a 390 to me? MT

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,540 mod
    Interesting. Do the hydraulic arms make it so they don't need fixed bow pilings, i.e. the entire arrangement is floating?  Looks complicated, but maybe it's cheaper than sinking a whole bunch of pilings.

• Options
    edited July 2014

My friend said the arms ride up and down with the tides, big waves etc. Sure looks like an expensive alternative to me! MT

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Re: Rinker EC 360  I like Photo #19 the best..... right RY? 

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme