Rinker Recall Question for 2002 212 Captiva 212

nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

I recently came across information related to a recall of 2002 212 Captivas due to not enough engine compartment ventilation. See http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/recalls_detail.aspx?id=02R0311S

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can tell if the recall correction was done to my boat? The recall requires "adding an additional 3" blower vent". Can someone tell me where the original vent(s) were and where they added the new vent so that I can see if this was done? Also, does anyone know if I can still get this done if it wasn't done before. The Coast Guard notice says that the recall campaign was closed in March of 2006.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin

I would think if you called Rinker with your hull ID they could look it up and tell you

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you go down into your engine compartment and see where your current blower is evacuating? There should be a vent on the side of the boat somewhere (towards the back).

Follow that vent, is there a new vent as described somewhere in that area?

Note the vent will be on the flexible duct that the blower is connected to. The other duct is the air intake.

I would still call Rinker, but the above may give you something to keep you busy.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"