Options

I need to fix two problems on my 1996 FV 26.6 Replace head and refrigerator

RinkerRAN27RinkerRAN27 Member Posts: 4

My intention is to take out the NorCold and replace it with a 2 cu foot electric with an inverter. How do I remove the NorCold and how do I get to the wiring. The NorCold was DC only? Can I put in another AC outlet for shore power? I can wire it if I can find it. Shop Manual or wiring diagram available?

I am thinking about removing the pump up head which does not work. We could more easily use a porta-pot. How would you cover the holes. Can we route the shower out to a through hull fitting? We only use biodegradable soap at the lake any way. Can we bypass the holding tank? If we cannot, how can we pump it out there is none at the Marina. They do have a restroom we can use. We need the shower.

What is the best thing to remove glue on lettering? I want to buff the boat to shine and the old name needs changed anyway. The hull and engine are in really good condition. This old boat is worth fixing. My Ph. is 573 391 0168  a good e-mail is ray.nabors@greenpointag.com  I can get Raymond.a.nabors@gmail.com  

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

We are on Clearwater lake. It is not likely we will move to another Marina, we have the only one with a bathroom. I will spend $200 and buy a new pump out head. The one in the boat dates to 1996. It seems we need the switch on the dash, battery and inside panel all switched to the on position for things to work. Am I missing something?   I will replace the refrigeration and get a dvm.     We have been to St. Charles and visited Wahoo Marine. What a great place you have to boat.

Clearwater Lake is only 2 hours to get in the water from our home. It is beautiful and the water visibility about 5 feet. If you ever want a tour you can give a call. 573 391 0168. There is a large Rinker in slip 85 at Clearwater Marina.  It is Ray's Place and will be so named soon. If you take 67 South to hwy 34 turn west and you are 15 miles from a beautiful little lake. It is the highest and cleanest in this Corps of Engineers region which includes Missouri & Arkansas.

• Options

forgot to ask: can a shop manual or wiring diagram / plumbing diagram be purchased?

• Options

One other question. how long and what size hose to I need for pump out?