Options

280EC vs 290EC

Hi I'm new to Rinker and I am in the process of buying a 2007 280EC. What was the reasoning the stopped making the 280? ....and to follow up with that what is the differences between the 290vs the 280?(other than a foot...lol).Thank you for your help on this.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

I agree with RY the 342 is a great boat.........

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

my 2003 290 has a wider beam and twins 

• Options
    GuinessGuiness Member Posts: 14

Thanks Greg. I was just curious what the difference was specially if they both have the same  overall length and beam. I really like this 280 and am going to take it for a sea trial next week. Is Thera any certain things I should be looking for? Like I said I don't know a whole lot about Rinker boats. This forum has been very educational. I think ther style and use of space is the best I have seen.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭

We just upgraded from an older (97) 280 to a 342.  Agree with Yan and Raybo that the 342 is a great boat.  We looked at the new 310 at the boat show last year and swear it had less space down below than our old 280.

Twins are a bonus.  

Happy shopping!

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options

Seguir as far as power goes it has 496 B3. Another question guys how is it to dock with a single screw? Since it is a top heavy boat I would imagine there is an adjustment period to get use to. Thanks for all your feedback it really helps in the process of figuring all this out.

• Options

That's great to hear thanks CG. I was a little concerned about that.

• Options
    hanzelvhhanzelvh Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

use a bow-thruster, for single engines very usefull.
    previous 280EC with VP D4-260, now Bavaria 33HT with twin VP 4,3
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭

I just got a quote for my 2008 280 for a bow thruster. Gotta have it for those stupid under-currents while docking. 

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options

Pep may I ask ball park how much a bow thruster costs?