Options

Replacement glass shelf in Tundra fridge in our 342

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭

Had a nice trip up to Bayfield and Grand Bend Ont.  On the way down the St. Clair River I passed a freighter throwing a larger than normal wake.  I turned into it to cross but didn't back down speed fast enough and hit hard.  Later I found out that the glass shelf in the fridge had shattered.  Has anybody had any luck replacing one of these?  I'd love to have one made of lexan or plexiglass, but I'll take whatever I can get.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the wire shelves in mine and they bend when that happens, not a better solution.  I would stay away from plexiglass, it breaks too.  Lexan you can cut yourself or make a cardboard template and go to a glass shop that has tempered glass and get one cut (not regular glass..must be tempered).  Some of these frigs have the width taper in as you go back too, so watch out for that.

otherwise try your frig manufacturer.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited July 2014

Whoa! Good thing no one was injured... +1 BD - A local glass shop can cut you a super tough tempered piece of glass. A thick piece of Plexi would work also and save weight. 

Post edited by midweste on

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio