Options

water in cabin

bboop15bboop15 Member Posts: 1

My husband and I purchased a Rinker Fiesta 324, 2002 several months ago. The boat was stored 3 years without moving, we recently did maintenance on the engines changed starters and some other things required to get it working ( still doesn't work well, won't plane). We filled the water compartment up to have water in the sinks and toilet, we came back the next day and it was empty and the from of the cabin next to the stairs was full of water, obviously there is a leak. Where can we start looking? Please help :

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the site and congrats on the boat, you'll love the 342.

Planing issue: Start with new fuel and fuel/water filters, clean the spark arrestors, cap/rotor/plus and probably wires too.  You need to tab down and have the drives in all the way to get on plane, then trim out from there.

Water issue: was the water pump still on over night?  If so, start hunting at connections.  There is a forward bilge pump you should look at too, it is inder the aft cabin cushions in the center access hole at the rear.  I would look at the sinks first, then shower.  If you had the water pump off and it leaked you have a tank leak..bigger problem.  You can get to the tank by taking out the starboard side wall of the storage area behind the mirror in the aft cabin.

The toilet draws the water from outside the boat (lake water), unless someone modified it.

The shower sump is good to check too, especially after 3 years of non-use.  it is under the port cushion in the aft cabin, it has a clear top, the float/pump can go bad.  While you are there: the toilet and A/C valves and strainers are right next to the shower sump, the strainers need cleaning depending on where you boat depends on the frequency.

Good luck!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI