Options

350 EC impressions. looking for info

Hi All,

saw an 07 350EC last week. Really liked the size , beam and "c" shaped cockpit seating.  our 300EC has the transom seat.  We didnt get to spend much time on her and it was tied up at the dock.  Wondering if there were any owners out there that can share their thoughts and impressions.

The "c" shaped seating that we are looking for looks real comfortable and large but almost to the point of restricting movement or getting around with a few people on board.

Also, what kind of performance can we expect?   most seemed to be outfitted with 8.1/B3  a few VP's in there as well.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have three friends with 350s. and one with a 342 and I have a 360. Opinions will vary as we all have our favorites. I had a 2013 EC 310 with the "open concept" cockpit. We loved it but it was too small for me (6'6"). Bought a 2014 EC 360 which imo is a 342 to 350 to 360 transition. The 350 and 360 are almost identical. We thought we would miss the open concept of the 310 and had your concerns with the 350/360 layout. They did not materialize. The 360 has been amazing for us. We have had 6 people sleep over - one night even had 6 adults and 2 kids and there was room. The 6 adults in the cabin and the 2 kids up top. Close yes, but doable. Very roomy for two couples or a family of four. Have gone on a day cruise with 10 people in the cockpit, all adults from 18 yrs. to my age.Plenty of room - no issues re space at all!  We also have the filler cushion for the "C" lounge that turns it into a huge lounge by day or a bed for kids at night. I do recommend the 8.1s as it is my opinion that they get the boat onto plane much faster and keep it there at much lower rpms for less gas. Two friends have 350s with 8.1s and love it one friend has a 350 with 377s (6.2s) and is not happy with the acceleration or on plane rpms. My opinions - others as you may have read differ re engine size requirements. MT

• Options
    JohnDiStefanoJohnDiStefano Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

we are coming to maryland sunday or monday to look at a few.  do you have a 350?  anything for sale?

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod

John, are you coming to the Edgewater area?  I'm betting you are looking at a boat or two in my marina?  let me know, maybe we can meet up if there's time.  I've always liked the 350!  very nice layout oath inn cabin and cockpit. We have a C shape with filler and really enjoy it. Good luck!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

My 360 is perfect for my family.  Tons of room for most scenarios and we really like that we can shut our bedroom door.  It helps when you have a kid that still naps, and a frisky admiral.... 

Our dock neighbors are always complimentary of the cockpit layout and amazed with the room below.  Of course the blender is always a hit.  I couldn't imagine this boat with anything less than the 8.1s.  It cruises great but I would definitely see it struggling with a smaller engine package when she is loaded up with gear and guests. 

Glad you are enjoying yours MT.  I wish mine was a 2014...

• Options
    LOL. no we didnt get lost in MD.  though not a bad place to get lost.  D_I,  sorry, didnt see your post.  next time will let you know.  we spent most of the time in in Kent Island/Grasonville area.  there were a number of boats @ Knot10 and a couple of other marinas.

They had a number of boats...350s, 360s 342s.  Chap 350s and Regal3560.

We are just a family of 3, but often on the weekends we have upwards of 8+ friends and family day boating and it gets tight on deck of our 300. 
    The Rinker350 would be perfect for the 3 of us on trips but my only concern is seating on deck, the seating cushions are so large and the sink/ refridge/ blender kind of sticks out that it seemed that maneuvering would still be snug with the extended family.  just thinking out loud.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod

The 3560 has that 'C' seat as well.  I guess it really does take up space.  I guess I have the 'U' shape in the back.  8 people would be a little snug.  I had 9 on mine a couple weeks ago and it felt a tad snug, but I am typically use to the 4 of us with plenty of space to ourselves.  I was relaxing on a 350 last weekend at our marina and I think the cockpit area would accomodate 8 people better than the 342s (no one yell at me, just my opinion here).  I've been on many 342s and the rear seat behind the one in front that wraps out a bit is a little tough sometimes for conversations.  But again, for that size boat it really is tough to beat, hence why it's so popular.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

LOL  what are you moving on to RY?

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin

John take a look at RY boat on line. Its a beauty for sure..........

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

What site do you have that on RY

• Options

Well kept vessel you have RY

• Options

Wish I would have seen yours before I bought 290 this year

• Options

I have some one that says he interested in mine, if and it's a big if he does come up with cash. I would be interested. Diesel around here is a little over $3 verses $4.68 for gasoline