Options

342 Anchor roller

Hi I need to install a new anchor roller.  I've tried to remove the 3 large philps screws that appear to hold the roller assembly to the boat though they turn they don't apper to be loosing.  Do you know if these are screws or bolts.  If bolts how to I get to the nuts?  thank you Paul

Comments

• Options
    paulsivertpaulsivert Member Posts: 19

Thanks you. I was afraid this would be the answer.  yes there is AC and music.  Paul
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Same here. Big job. You can get to the nuts from the horn too. Need to be on the hard for that. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I helped the previous owner of my boat do this last year. We went through the vertical deckplate with a bunch of ratchet extensions. I taped the extensions together so that I wouldn't lose them. I also had to use a knuckle and taped that so it would stay at the right angle. I then put a piece of electrical tape across the top of the socket and pressed the nut in place. He was up top turning the bolts while I reached in with the extensions and got the nut threaded. He was turning the bolt with an extension but by hand so that we could feel right away if it was cross threaded.

This job can be a real PITA. There was a TON of silicone around 2 of the nuts and I had to cut away with a serrated knife taped to the extensions.  

Now that I own this boat, if I had to do it, I would remove the shelves, the front top piece and the front pad. This would give you real good access to the bolts. It more than likely would still be a 2 person job when tightening the bolts, unless you get lucky with a lockwasher and the nut doesn't spin.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    scottb3200scottb3200 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭

Paul this is what I did to get to the three nuts and bolts  to get to the anchor I cut a bigger hole once I took down wall