Outdrive trim switches under throttle level handles

The twin trim switches on the throttle body are very hard to push (in either direction)  Almost feels like they're getting caught on something.  Thinking about taking the cover off to look around but afraid I might be opening a big can of worms.  Anyone ever played around in there?  BTW, toggle switch on inside of starboard throttle lever lowers both drives, but only raises one.

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Those buttons are always hard to push, and techically should only be used to put into trailer mode.  On my prior 310, I opened that area up to replace cables.  Not really much you can do with those switches. Now, the othe one only lifting one drive is not correct.  Are you sure it goes up with the other switch?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Same here, buttons are hard to push, thats the norm.
  • yetiyeti Member Posts: 59 ✭✭

Dream_in - I do believe both drives operate off of the rocker switches on the throttle housing.  I can make them break loose from the water if I raise them high enough. 

• gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

Switches are hard to push.  Your trim switch on the starboard throttle...if it is only lifting one, it could be the limit sensor on the drive or possibly corrosion on one of the connections.  There should be eight wires in two four-wire plugs.  If you remove the lower panel to access the area under the throttles, you should find the loom with purple, red, blue, green wires.  Undo and reconnect to see if corrosion is an issue.  I would think that if the position sensor was bad, you would not be able to raise using the toggle switches, unless you went all the way to trailer.  The sensor should lock out both the switches and the throttle rocker switch.  

Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie