Options

Caution Audio warning

lomogdalomogda Member Posts: 6

Hello all, today I started hearing my audio warning come on and off while cruising at around 15-20 mph or 2500 rpm's.  it was six consecutive beeps each time.  I got home looked in my owners manual and said it's "caution" warning indicator.  any thoughts on what to check for?  thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do a search using my username on this forum.. there is a lost of most faults somewhere buried... I think the name of the thread was something to the affect: "have faults? Check this..."... Ought to get you started... 

In mean time, no loss of power? I'd guess wildly it's the charging system not providing expected current.. just a wild guess, though. 

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say most common is low drive fluid.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin

Joe if my drive fluid gets low I get an alarm but not 6 beeps. It beeps and shuts off and beeps again and so on and so on. I think the 6 beeps is a different problem.

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

Funny you should post this... Last weekend I also got 6 short beeps after getting on plane. The beeped 6 times and stopped. It happened again after getting underway again. I have searched and searched and can't find what 6 beeps indicate. Please let me know if you find anything out. 

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, youre right. 6 beeps is I believe the general sensor fault for the Guardian system.

Last summer I got some pebbles stuck in my thermostat, keeping it stuck open. It made the engine run too cool it would beep 6 times. I initially thought my temp gauge was broken, but it just wasnt getting above 100*. You'd probably have to have the codes read by someone with the Merc software to figure out what the code is.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    lomogdalomogda Member Posts: 6

thanks to all.  figured it out.  Stern Drive fluid.  it took 7 oz to get it back to normal operating level..

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

I'd be concerned about that much change in lube level.  Keep a good eye on it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

Unless it was recently changed, air can get trapped between the vent hole, and the top of the outdrive. Once this air gets worked out from running the boat, fluid takes it place and the level goes down.