Options

NEW OUTDIVE DPS-B

LobodemarLobodemar Member Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just pick up my boat with the new DPS-B outdrive.  Had the infamous XDP replaced took 6 weeks to have the work done.  It does shorthen the season in half but hopefully better boating days in the future.  When opened up the engine hatch I was surprised to find out there is no outdrive oil reservoir????  Is this new to volvo???  Not very practical to verify oil level with à dip stick when in the water

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

not new.  The xdp was the only unit with the reservoir.   All other as far as I have seen or read about have the fill on the top of the case.  Never have had an issue and serviced every year.  Gear lube still golden color after 100 hours. Ocean x. 2011.

• Options

Today first run with the new outdrive DPS-B works like a swiss watch I am very pleased and so is the Admiral

• Options
    tkrfxrtkrfxr Member Posts: 55 ✭✭

Congrats...I too was surprised bout the reservoir...but from all the comments from XDP-to-OXi converts, there is no issue here....

I also was pleasantly surprised about the change in boat performance...

I noticed that the new drives 'clunk' when shifting, but the dealers say new drives need time to settle....I recall my new XDPs did the same and it went away after 3 or 4 years...

"All things are ready if our minds be so"
    -W.Shakespeare/Henry V Rinker 2005 342FV T5.7OSXi-DF/OceanX(DPS-B)
  • Options

Will be going on a weekend cruise to neighboring marinas.  First real outing since new drive.  Will keep you informed on performance stats.

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

the clunk is good and you want to hear that.  If no cluck then something is not working properly. ...  just say'n....