Rinker Captiva 192 rocker switch?

Hello, I'm a new Rinker owner and new to this forum, any feedback would be appreciated.  I have recently bought a 2010 Rinker 192.  The previous owner must have broken one of the rocker switches and replaced it with a generic blank one.  I would like to replace it with the original.  My problem is I can't tell what it turns on.  Thanks in advance.  

Mark

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

I had a  2008 192. I think it may be the blower switch. To test turn it on and listen for the sound of a blower - maybe even open-up the engine hatch to listen. BTW - didn't you get a manual with the boat? The seller or dealer should know right away if someone on the forum doesn't help first. Welcome to the best boating forum anywhere. The 192 is a great boat. I bought it for the kids who tubed and skied behind it. It had a 4.3LX and had plenty of power for the water sports and was so good on gas that the first time I took it out for a day I thought the gas gauge was broken! LOL :-) MT

• mad1472mad1472 Member Posts: 5

Thanks, the blower switch is located on the other side by the ignition. I should have included the entire dash in my picture. The only manual I have found online wasn't very helpful.  Thanks again.  

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Looked-up an old pictuire of our boat that was an accessory switch in our 2008. MT

• DGWDGW Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014

I think on mine its turns on the auxilliary items.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the cruisers, the one ACC switch is prewired for an optional washdown pump that would be located in the engine room. If the boat was ordered without it, the wires are still connected and running to the engine room. I took advantage of that switch on mine and used it for my blue LED underwater lights. It saved me hours of fishing lined from the helm to the engine room.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

On my 280, it was on the port side of the engine compartment between the fresh water tank and the hot water heater. The wires were red w/brown tracer and black. They were terminated with a mate-n-lock connector. The wires came out of the harness and were wrapped together.

Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark, if you are looking to match exactly because you are pedantic like me, then check this post out, lots of switches to choose from:

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/787/dash-panel-rocker-switches-printed-actuators-found

If you just want to put the name of the device that is being energized on that switch, West Marine has templates of generic names on a laminate sticker sheets that are really good. I used one on mine, and it has lasted pretty well, and looks good. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Thanks everyone for all your help.

• jfdeng5jfdeng5 Member Posts: 13

Mad, did you see my comment in "help please"?  Good Luck

Yes, thanks.  I sent him an email a couple weeks ago, but haven't gotten a response. I might try reaching out again. Thanks 

Email Randy Rinker with your HIN and a description of the switch and he will get you an answer. While you are communicating with him, have him send you the wiring diagram for the boat. I have referenced my wiring diagram multiple times.

Go Steelers!!!